CLEVELAND MARBLE’S HISTORY
Cleveland Marble is a part of the Cleveland Marble Mosiac Company. Please also visit the Cleveland Marble Mosaic Company website at
Old-world roots of traditional quality and value permeate the working philosophy of this family-owned business. Henry Zavagno, founder, immigrated to Montreal, Canada at the age of two. His family originated from the area of Northern Italy, noted for its training schools for mosaic artisans. After serving his apprenticeship as a stone cutter in Canada, he moved to Cleveland, Ohio in 1920. Here the building process began – of family, company, structure and reputation, erected stone-by-stone with excellence of craftsmanship, caring, service and high-caliber expertise which has bridged old-world tradition with modern design and construction.
“We know that our product has to satisfy our customer, and that is why we feel that if they give us a job to do, we do the best job with the best materials we can purchase. We don’t short-cut anything. We stress professionalism. We give first-class workmanship and innovative design every time. Our customers get everything they want and more!” – Robert J. Zavagno, Sr.